Design tokens are so hot right now. Have you always wanted to use design tokens, but didn't know where to start? Danny Banks will teach you about design tokens and how to integrate them into your design system. In this live coding session you will build a design token package that works in different platforms: Android, iOS, Web, and Flutter.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- An overview on design tokens and how they can help bring consistency and structure to your design system;
- An overview of the different frameworks to build and manage design tokens;
- An in-depth understanding of how design tokens can work on different platforms: Android, iOS, Web, and Flutter;
- Lastly a brief look at the future of design tokens.
- A computer (preferably a mac if you want to build the iOS portion)
- Android Studio and Xcode set up on your computer. You will be provided setup instructions before the workshop. If you don't have these you can still follow along.
- A code editor like VSCode
- Git, node, and npm